Thor, the Norse God of Thunder, had a hammer named Mjölnir. Mjölnir was considered a fierce weapon that could level mountains and summon lightning with every blow. In this poetry blog, every Thursday, (Thor’s Day), Mjölnir will forge only song - sing of the mysteries and beauties of the world.

Thursday, May 21, 2020

CAVE

There ain’t no cave here.
You got the wrong address.
This here’s a mountain, mister.
I wouldn’t even know where to tell ya
to go lookin’ to find that hell hole of yours
‘cause I don’t know
the next thing about caves, see.
Even the word cave
don’t mean nothin’ to me.
It’s an empty word.
It echoes when you say it.
Cave. Cave. Cave.
See what I mean?
The sound only reminds me
of the faces, like your face,
that come sniffing ‘round
these parts every so often
asking me where the goddamn cave is.
You know, you all look a like.
Like inbreds.
I told all of them, like I’m telling you now,
I don’t know nothin’ about no caves.
Who sent ya, anyway?
Probably that troll down aways,
under the bridge,
who wants to rent a room.
Well you can tell that ugly little rat-trap,
there ain’t no vacancies
in this here mountain.
I am full up and rock solid, see.
Even the wind don’t blow through me.
Got it?
Now get!

No comments:

Post a Comment