Thor, the Norse God of Thunder, had a hammer named Mjölnir. Mjölnir was considered a fierce weapon that could level mountains and summon lightning with every blow. In this poetry blog, every Thursday, (Thor’s Day), Mjölnir will forge only song - sing of the mysteries and beauties of the world.

Thursday, March 4, 2021

THE TURNING

 

1.

It wants to rise

and be thrown

into form from formlessness,

from gesture into gesture.

To be a spinning that turns

clay into bowl,

a shape that holds a hollow.

In its presence is my presence,

my fingerprint, my pulse.

 

2.

When I can’t find the words

I turn to figures of speech

like a potter to clay,

to help me shape the thing

I can’t say on my own.

And for that I am grateful

for the turning.

For the turn of a phrase.

No comments:

Post a Comment