Thor, the Norse God of Thunder, had a hammer named Mjölnir. Mjölnir was considered a fierce weapon that could level mountains and summon lightning with every blow. In this poetry blog, every Thursday, (Thor’s Day), Mjölnir will forge only song - sing of the mysteries and beauties of the world.

Thursday, March 24, 2022

THE HOLLOW

There is a question 
I keep turning over 

and over again
in my mind.

It is like the oak
inside the acorn

that branches
in every direction

while asleep
and dreaming.

Oh, if I could just bury 
this query into a source 

and soil 
that wasn't me

I'd be free
of the worm of worry,

the What if I was wrong 
about everything?

that knocks incessantly
against the shell of

of all my thinking 
trying to get out.

If the worm wasn't there
maybe then I'd be 

happy and a hollow 
I could hear.
 






No comments:

Post a Comment