Thor, the Norse God of Thunder, had a hammer named Mjölnir. Mjölnir was considered a fierce weapon that could level mountains and summon lightning with every blow. In this poetry blog, every Thursday, (Thor’s Day), Mjölnir will forge only song - sing of the mysteries and beauties of the world.

Thursday, February 16, 2023

ONOMATOPOEIC

Bugs buzz.
Their sound is incessant,

annoying, biting, invasive.
My rationalizing mind

is like this:
vindicating, justifying, excusing.

When I believe what it’s telling me
I become what I am hearing.

I become onomatopoeic.
I become the sound 

of the bug
I become the buzzing.

Best to squash this little beastie
before it starts its thrumming.

Before it takes me out of Nature, 
my true nature - which is 

still, quiet, and calm.
Best to silence it.

The onomatopoeic prick 
of its sound 

poisons with 
its invisible stinger.

When I get caught 
in its insecticidal web

I never find the poetry 
in its poeia

Never!
And that's not good.

Or should I say:
its web never has me 

hum with surprise or 
the deliciousness of delight.













No comments:

Post a Comment