Thor, the Norse God of Thunder, had a hammer named Mjölnir. Mjölnir was considered a fierce weapon that could level mountains and summon lightning with every blow. In this poetry blog, every Thursday, (Thor’s Day), Mjölnir will forge only song - sing of the mysteries and beauties of the world.

Thursday, December 14, 2023

POLLEN*

Seeking quiet
I sometimes go 

into the cave
of my own mind.

If I sit long enough
I will see 

Sanskrit letters
Buddhist sutras or mantras

all inscribed and glowing 
in the stone of the walls.

And if I sit longer still
I will hear voices 

of nearby ascetics 
and sages chanting

in their caves. 
So many voices

scriptures and teachings 
come to me

in the hollow 
of my mind.

And if I sit longer still
the cave becomes 

a hive
a magnificent buzzing

a swarm filled 
with its hunger 

for pollen
and the image 

of bobbing in flight
among the poppy petals.

*Inspired by the book, Tantric Quest: An Encounter with Absolute Love, by Daniel Odier


No comments:

Post a Comment