Thor, the Norse God of Thunder, had a hammer named Mjölnir. Mjölnir was considered a fierce weapon that could level mountains and summon lightning with every blow. In this poetry blog, every Thursday, (Thor’s Day), Mjölnir will forge only song - sing of the mysteries and beauties of the world.

Thursday, August 8, 2024

THE AUDIOLOGIST

My mind

is like a sound-


proof booth.

I am inside it.


A voice from elsewhere

in a whisper 


through headphones 

I don’t even know 


I’m wearing

tells me things 


I can hardly hear.

It is testing me 


to see

if I am getting 


its messages:

Who are you, really?


What are you here to do?

Do you know yet


of your own divinity?

Though I don’t know 


exactly how to answer

what I do know is


the signal's getting 

stronger by the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment