Thor, the Norse God of Thunder, had a hammer named Mjölnir. Mjölnir was considered a fierce weapon that could level mountains and summon lightning with every blow. In this poetry blog, every Thursday, (Thor’s Day), Mjölnir will forge only song - sing of the mysteries and beauties of the world.

Thursday, August 12, 2021

TEACHER 

Sometimes
it is so hard

to see 
that you are there,

that the lesson
I am meant to learn

I am already
in the middle of, like

some grade school equation 
that has me 

at the front of the room
squirming, sweating and scribbling.

But I don’t see any of this:
you, my hieroglyphics, my bumbling fingers

pressing the nib of chalk
into the cosmos of the blackboard.

I am too busy 
being the problem 

instead of the solution.
And that’s the real problem to solve.





No comments:

Post a Comment