Thor, the Norse God of Thunder, had a hammer named Mjölnir. Mjölnir was considered a fierce weapon that could level mountains and summon lightning with every blow. In this poetry blog, every Thursday, (Thor’s Day), Mjölnir will forge only song - sing of the mysteries and beauties of the world.

Thursday, May 12, 2022

BLADE AGAINST BLADE

I couldn't’ see them
drawing their dark circles 

over my house.
But I could hear them.

They were going at it today
squawking up a storm.

Not seeing them
sharpening their knives

with all their cawing
made my imagination 

turn them into 
two people 

that only knew
how to shame and blame.

Two people 
who couldn’t find

their way to kindness 
through the scattered shrapnel 

from their broken hearts.
The commotion

was so loud,
like blade
 
against 
rusted blade,

I filled me up with
a sadness so heavy


 I felt like 
a barren tree
 
spontaneously spawning 
leaden leaves

as black 
as crows.




No comments:

Post a Comment