Thor, the Norse God of Thunder, had a hammer named Mjölnir. Mjölnir was considered a fierce weapon that could level mountains and summon lightning with every blow. In this poetry blog, every Thursday, (Thor’s Day), Mjölnir will forge only song - sing of the mysteries and beauties of the world.

Thursday, August 18, 2022

ORANGE UMBRELLAS*

Dead Portuguese poets
and orange umbrellas...

were lost to me
when the rains came.

The tour left without me
because I was too busy 

not paying attention
to the experience

I came for. 
A sodden map in hand,

drenched to the bone,
I cried until I laughed

and heard a voice say:
There’s nothing

 wrong with you. 
You are human.

Welcome to humanity.
And then remembered,

it was Pessoa who said: 
Ships among tempests 

and not a one 
has sailed to a port 

that has not known 
its share of suffering.

*Inspired by Susan Cain's, Bitter-sweetHow Sorrow and Longing Make Us Whole



 

No comments:

Post a Comment