Thor, the Norse God of Thunder, had a hammer named Mjölnir. Mjölnir was considered a fierce weapon that could level mountains and summon lightning with every blow. In this poetry blog, every Thursday, (Thor’s Day), Mjölnir will forge only song - sing of the mysteries and beauties of the world.

Thursday, August 11, 2022

UNDER A FULL MOON

It is said that master violin maker, 
Stradivari, centuries ago, on each full moon, 
went to the Dolomites, to a magic forest, 
to lay his head against the spruce trunks. 
To listen.
This was how he found the wood 
for his famous instruments.
I long for my truth to be heard 
this way, under a full moon – or even
during a downpour.
I long for a listening that leans 
into me, that hears the deep tones 
of my elusive song, moon or no moon.
I long for my music to find its way into
the soul of a Beloved, like Rumi's did.
This partnership will be the instrument 
that brings me back home and into 
the deep grain of the self.

No comments:

Post a Comment