Thor, the Norse God of Thunder, had a hammer named Mjölnir. Mjölnir was considered a fierce weapon that could level mountains and summon lightning with every blow. In this poetry blog, every Thursday, (Thor’s Day), Mjölnir will forge only song - sing of the mysteries and beauties of the world.

Thursday, November 17, 2022

THE VESSEL

I am not 
the sculptor.

I am the clay,
let’s say,

from which 
forms

a shape 
I’ll call

humility:
the capacity 

to hold life’s 
imperfections

imperfectly.
When I let 

the excess,
that can look like 

pride or humiliation,
fall away 

along with 
the compulsion 

to struggle, 
what’s left is

the giving into
the mystery,

the hands 
I cannot see,

that can make me 
malleable

when I let them.
When I do

their force and grace
creates 

the contours
of a consciousness 

I will carry 
but in no way contain.








No comments:

Post a Comment