Thor, the Norse God of Thunder, had a hammer named Mjölnir. Mjölnir was considered a fierce weapon that could level mountains and summon lightning with every blow. In this poetry blog, every Thursday, (Thor’s Day), Mjölnir will forge only song - sing of the mysteries and beauties of the world.

Thursday, January 26, 2023

A TWIN INSIDE 

I have a twin.
It hides inside 

the medicine bag
of my body, 

as a fake seed
a false self,

a ghost child, 
an empty echo,

a mockery 
of the very thing 

it mimics.
It carries no cargo 

of its own
and yet pretends 

to be seaworthy.
It is a stowaway

that rides for free
and is an excess 

that occupies 
but adds nothing.

I have always made
more of things

than I should 
from the lack 

I have felt within.
Have I done this again

with this twin –
by grafting 

the appearance
of yang on to yang,

by doubling up 
my dominance

on one side
more than the other? 

Oh twin, you are a presence 
that walks with me

but blocks my every move.
You are a pain I can

no longer carry.
You must go.

You don’t belong here.
It is time to release you.

I must clear the way
for something new 

to grow,
to blossom.

My body is ready to take 
its balance back.

It wants nothing to do with
imposters or intruders 

anymore. Flow is what 
it’s meant to know. 

Fluidity is the new power
that will run through me

like the River Jordan 
runs to the Sea of Galilee.

No comments:

Post a Comment