Thor, the Norse God of Thunder, had a hammer named Mjölnir. Mjölnir was considered a fierce weapon that could level mountains and summon lightning with every blow. In this poetry blog, every Thursday, (Thor’s Day), Mjölnir will forge only song - sing of the mysteries and beauties of the world.

Thursday, March 2, 2023

KITE WITHOUT STRING

I took a journey the other night 
and found myself 
flying miles above a terrain 
I recognized as my life.

I saw the longing, 
the grief, 
the anger, 
and the pain
so clearly.

They looked like chips 
in a motherboard
from that distance.

I thought to myself, yes
that’s what humans do.
That’s what I do. We feel.
I accepted this. I allowed it.

And then, without dawdling
or delay, I flew right on by.
I could do this because
I was higher than a kite
without its string.

No comments:

Post a Comment