Thor, the Norse God of Thunder, had a hammer named Mjölnir. Mjölnir was considered a fierce weapon that could level mountains and summon lightning with every blow. In this poetry blog, every Thursday, (Thor’s Day), Mjölnir will forge only song - sing of the mysteries and beauties of the world.

Thursday, October 5, 2023


AN AUTUMN RERUN

While stopped at an intersection
I saw the tiniest maple leaf

spiral its way
to the ground,

from branch to pavement.
The descent was over

before I knew it.
Before the light turned green.

I had the great desire
to return

the little red leaf
to its perch.

I wanted to see
it do what it did

again, but in slow
motion so the moment

would last longer,
so I could stay

longer inside
of those precious

autumn spirals,
so I could learn 

what circles 
have to teach me

before I go forward 
thinking the light is green

when it's really 
still red.

No comments:

Post a Comment