Thor, the Norse God of Thunder, had a hammer named Mjölnir. Mjölnir was considered a fierce weapon that could level mountains and summon lightning with every blow. In this poetry blog, every Thursday, (Thor’s Day), Mjölnir will forge only song - sing of the mysteries and beauties of the world.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

THE HOUSEKEEPER

Secrecy, be my housekeeper, please.
My dirty dishes need a good scrub

and the hate mail I must answer
needs a better cursive.

Amuse me with your mock drawl.
And teach me how to curse in Taiwanese.

Do these few things
and I’ll be your dark proverb,

your prodigy of shadow.
I will forfeit my adolescence

for your yellow glove.
Keep me company

while I watch you watch me suffer.
The truths we could tell

will line the cage of my hamster
who is forever chugging on the wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment