Thor, the Norse God of Thunder, had a hammer named Mjölnir. Mjölnir was considered a fierce weapon that could level mountains and summon lightning with every blow. In this poetry blog, every Thursday, (Thor’s Day), Mjölnir will forge only song - sing of the mysteries and beauties of the world.

Thursday, April 18, 2013



SOVEREIGNTY

As king, I have the power to banish.
And I am, with a vengeance.
I'm cleaning house.
I have too many counselors.
Too much bad advice.
Their lucky I’m letting them
keep their heads.

Perhaps I should banish myself, while I’m at it.
Ditch the moat and drawbridge.
Downsize from kingdom to condo.
Or build me a glass house
in a forest somewhere.

Put a piano in it.
That's all. Nothing more.
Spend my days listening to the tuner.
To the science in his art.
To the creakings, the tensions
equalizing into proper pitches.

In this I will find my sovereignty.

No comments:

Post a Comment