Thor, the Norse God of Thunder, had a hammer named Mjölnir. Mjölnir was considered a fierce weapon that could level mountains and summon lightning with every blow. In this poetry blog, every Thursday, (Thor’s Day), Mjölnir will forge only song - sing of the mysteries and beauties of the world.

Thursday, February 12, 2015

KILLIN’ CATS

I love the critters, really I do:
how they purr,
how they always land on their feet,
the way they lap up milk
with their coarse pink tongues,
with eyes closed.

But if it means a bigger life
by living the beefier questions,
then I’m in. Feed me 
the filet mignon, mademoiselle!
Yes, I 'll do the dirty deed.

Don me in a deerstalker.
Calabash my kisser.
Seduce me to deduce.

What say you Mr. Cumberbatch,
will you join the cabal,
for curiosity’s sake?

No comments:

Post a Comment