Thor, the Norse God of Thunder, had a hammer named Mjölnir. Mjölnir was considered a fierce weapon that could level mountains and summon lightning with every blow. In this poetry blog, every Thursday, (Thor’s Day), Mjölnir will forge only song - sing of the mysteries and beauties of the world.

Thursday, January 18, 2018

NON SEQUITUR

I am trying.
I am really trying
to stay with you.
To stay with the diversions 
and deflections
because I think
you are taking me,
taking me some place
worth going to.
So I wait for the punch line,
for the needle in the haystack.
But they keep not coming.
And so, I finally just ask:
What’s your point?
And that’s when it comes
like a catapult, the non sequitur,
your answer that makes no sense  
given what we’ve been talking about.
It sends me flailing away
into the distance, into a mote
of confusion, from where I see,
bobbing all by myself,
a fortress that will have
no visitors today.


No comments:

Post a Comment