Thor, the Norse God of Thunder, had a hammer named Mjölnir. Mjölnir was considered a fierce weapon that could level mountains and summon lightning with every blow. In this poetry blog, every Thursday, (Thor’s Day), Mjölnir will forge only song - sing of the mysteries and beauties of the world.

Thursday, May 3, 2018

THE CATCHER

An obstacle course
of my own invention.
Like a Rube Goldberg cartoon.
Too many dominos,
links in the chain,
machinery, devices.
Pulleys and levers.
Cogs and wheels.
Conveyor belts.
Catapults.
Scales.
Not to mention...
the boxing gloves
and bowling balls.
Mallets and axes.
Pales of water.
Bird cages.
Donkeys and alligators.
Light bulbs and lawnmowers.
Alarm clocks.
All I was trying to do
was catch a winged thing.
Instead I got caught 
in my own creation.
In hindsight now I see
all I really needed was a net.

No comments:

Post a Comment