Thor, the Norse God of Thunder, had a hammer named Mjölnir. Mjölnir was considered a fierce weapon that could level mountains and summon lightning with every blow. In this poetry blog, every Thursday, (Thor’s Day), Mjölnir will forge only song - sing of the mysteries and beauties of the world.

Thursday, December 5, 2019

THE OVERCOAT

I hang dormant 
in the cave of your closet.

I am a beast
waiting for the season

to wake me.
For you to

finally have
a need for me,

my girth and length.
Climb into me 

like a lover. Let me
surround you,

the whole of you,
like a lover,

so you become the man
you are meant to be.

Wear me like a king’s cloak.
Winter is coming.

Together we will
stand fortified

against the besieging storms.
Claim your kingdom

and the gold inside
one jeweled button at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment