Thor, the Norse God of Thunder, had a hammer named Mjölnir. Mjölnir was considered a fierce weapon that could level mountains and summon lightning with every blow. In this poetry blog, every Thursday, (Thor’s Day), Mjölnir will forge only song - sing of the mysteries and beauties of the world.

Thursday, February 1, 2024

RAIN 

The rain was raining


So hard and so loud


That I held my phone


Up to my the bedroom window


Of my newly renovated 


Double-paned house


While you held your phone


Up to the living room ceiling 


Of your one-hundred-year-old


Brick and timbered home.



We let these rains


At your house and mine


Talk to each other.


 

We did this, I believe,


Because we believed, without


Knowing we did,


That the rain had more 


To say to itself 


Than we did 


To each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment