Thor, the Norse God of Thunder, had a hammer named Mjölnir. Mjölnir was considered a fierce weapon that could level mountains and summon lightning with every blow. In this poetry blog, every Thursday, (Thor’s Day), Mjölnir will forge only song - sing of the mysteries and beauties of the world.

Thursday, February 22, 2024

THE TRAPPER

It felt like a dream
but wasn't one.
Maybe it felt dream-like
because someone had
accidentally fallen asleep 
on a couch somewhere
and their little bit of oblivion
somehow filtered into
my world. I don’t know.

But at the time 
I went about setting 
the trap I was setting
I knew nothing about
any day-time dozer.
I only knew that the trap 
was about me 
taunting trust.

And even though 
it wasn’t actually a dream 
it might as well have been
because in dreams
every part of the dream 
is a part of us, they say.

Anyway...what I mean 
to say is: once I woke up 
to what I was doing 
in the non-dream-dream
I clearly saw that
I was the “bear,”
the trap and the trapper
all at once.

And, that while I was the one
that got caught in the jaws 
of my own entrapment,
the so-called dozer,
wherever they were, 
managed to remain unscathed
by any intended subterfuge 
that hung heavy in the air.

All the dozer was really doing 
was getting caught 
up on some 
much needed shut-eye—
which, coincidentally, was 
what saved them 
from getting entangled
in an oblivion 
that wasn't obliged 
to finding any solace 
in trusting trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment