Thor, the Norse God of Thunder, had a hammer named Mjölnir. Mjölnir was considered a fierce weapon that could level mountains and summon lightning with every blow. In this poetry blog, every Thursday, (Thor’s Day), Mjölnir will forge only song - sing of the mysteries and beauties of the world.

Thursday, July 11, 2013


IPSO FACTO

My father’s pedagogy.
My mother’s bones.
The me that keeps moving.

Through dyads and triads.
Down dipsy doodles.
In hip bumps on the ballroom floor.

In a car that brakes for me.
Technology that types with me.
In the paddock that holds my truth.

Wearing hats I’ll call Kentucky.
Holding cat’s I can translate.
In the entomology of the gardens I grow.

In mischievous seizures.
Meetings with builders
that result in quadrangles, courtyards, and coops.

In the heart of my neighbor.
Mirrors and windows.
Rumors of outrageous revivals.

In elaborate configurations
and subtle ingratiations,
the fact is, I am all me.

Now that we’ve settled that,
please pass 
the dates.




No comments:

Post a Comment