Thor, the Norse God of Thunder, had a hammer named Mjölnir. Mjölnir was considered a fierce weapon that could level mountains and summon lightning with every blow. In this poetry blog, every Thursday, (Thor’s Day), Mjölnir will forge only song - sing of the mysteries and beauties of the world.

Thursday, January 1, 2015

EAVESDROPPER

I was minding my own business,
really I was, with my nose

to the keyhole and my eye to the grindstone,
when gossip tittered like a myna in my ear.

I have no etiquette
when it comes to buttlescutt,

but that doesn’t mean
you need to show me the ropes.

I know what a rope is.
And, no! you don’t need to convince me

that that big fish will fit
in that rinky-dink lake.

I simply won’t believe you.
I just ain’t that gullible, Mr. Smitten.

Go ahead, call me
an eavesdropper, if you must.

But a name is just a name
not a broken bone. 

Or as basic as a hangover
in the rain.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete