Thor, the Norse God of Thunder, had a hammer named Mjölnir. Mjölnir was considered a fierce weapon that could level mountains and summon lightning with every blow. In this poetry blog, every Thursday, (Thor’s Day), Mjölnir will forge only song - sing of the mysteries and beauties of the world.

Thursday, February 25, 2016

WOOL & DOWN

Remembering is the lining of forgetting.
        Chris Marker from San Soleil

1.
Forgetting is a coat
I wear in winter.
It keeps the chill out.
It is my comfort during dark days.
But remembering is the wool
that makes the coat a coat,
makes it more than just a flimsy drape.


2.
Forgetting is a cushion
I lay my head on
that eases the mind
and pillows me to sleep, to dream.
But remembering is the down
that makes the cushion a cushion,
makes it more than just an empty case.




No comments:

Post a Comment