Thor, the Norse God of Thunder, had a hammer named Mjölnir. Mjölnir was considered a fierce weapon that could level mountains and summon lightning with every blow. In this poetry blog, every Thursday, (Thor’s Day), Mjölnir will forge only song - sing of the mysteries and beauties of the world.

Thursday, October 19, 2017

THE SECRET SHARER*

I am reading a book
you gave me.

I am holding in my hands
the selfsame pages

you once held in yours.
And I pause

in the places
you once paused

with your pen.
The marks you made,

to phrases, passages,
whole paragraphs,

have me feeling
strangely,

that it is your soul
I am seeing:

that a marriage of things
wished for

was never quite consummated
in the ways imagined,

which makes me
your secret sharer.


*Inspired by David Whyte’s, The Three Marriages: 
Reimagining Work, Self and Relationship

No comments:

Post a Comment