Thor, the Norse God of Thunder, had a hammer named Mjölnir. Mjölnir was considered a fierce weapon that could level mountains and summon lightning with every blow. In this poetry blog, every Thursday, (Thor’s Day), Mjölnir will forge only song - sing of the mysteries and beauties of the world.

Thursday, February 15, 2018

THE TUMBLERS

The answers—
that is what I am looking for,

like a safe-cracker trying 
to suss out the right sequence,

the perfect combination that will
unlock the machinery that's in my way.

And I am listening, listening,
with every part of myself,

for the sound, the whispered music,
of the tumblers turning,

and for the moment when
everything clicks into place.

And when it does, and it will, 
that's when the mighty door opens

and there they are
stacked high like gold bullion,

the answers, which I recognize
straightaway as a fortune

I actually already had
but didn’t know I did,

because the way I was listening
kept the truth hidden

right where I couldn’t see it:
in plain sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment